Saturday, February 7, 2009

In Sickness and in Health

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, although my lack of posts might say otherwise. We have been crazy busy-sick around here. It's really been unending since September. I really haven't had a chance to sit down and write anything because I feel like all I've been doing lately is taking everyone to the doctor's office. Now I have a few minutes because, once again, EVERYONE is sick. Everyone, but me.
It started in September with the plague of ear infections Pressley had until December. One in September, two weeks later, one in October, two weeks later, another in October, two weeks later in November and about 3 weeks after that, she got tubes and had another ear infection. I didn't even know she had this ear infection. She was right on schedule for it to come, but this time, no fevers, "decent" sleep, no symptoms. So she got the tubes anyway and in about 3 weeks from the surgery, she was finally sleeping well. By well, I mean that she would go to bed at 9ish, and sleep until 8 or 9 in her own bed, and if she did wake up and cry, she could go back to bed without our help. She hasn't slept like that in about a year. Even in the summer when she wasn't sick, she would be up at all hours, like a newborn-every two hours, four hours at a time, you name it. So now she's finally sleeping. While I'm so thankful for that, around Christmas, everyone but me got pink eye. We had one week of health after that, no sickness from anyone, then both of the girls got a cough and cold which turned into a virus and ear infection for Malia. She had a fever of 102-103 for 4 1/2 days, terrible drainage, throwing up and just laid on the couch for most of that time. After she began to feel better (we're now in mid-January), I got pink eye 3 days later. Once my pink eye cleared up, a week later my dad ended up in the hospital and the day we got back from visiting him (yesterday), Pressley was up throwing up, along with Justin, and then Malia woke up throwing up (today). So far, I'm not sick, and Pressley seems to be feeling a little better. (She's up playing with Lily right now). Oh, and did I mention, our house went on the market on Thursday? We had 2 showings yesterday-right before all this sickness happened. I think the saddest part of this day, is that for the first time in weeks, not only is the sun out, but it's 48 degrees outside. I am praying that everyone feels better really soon, because this is suppose to be a beautiful and warm week. It would do us good to get outside, walk on the trail and let the warm weather kill these germs that keep attacking us!! I can't wait for spring.

No comments: