Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Heaven

So, I'm sitting on the couch last night, and out of nowhere, Malia starts asking me questions about Pom Pom, my grandma's dog and how she got to heaven. Justin's been gone for the past week and a half to Minnesota. I usually direct these kind of questions to him, but I was on my own this time. I really didn't answer the question she had, just more or less encouraged her in her thoughts. Maybe that's bad, but I really don't know the answers. Especially to break it down to a 4 year olds level! Anyway, here is how our little conversation went:

Malia: How did Pom Pom go to Heaven?
Me: I don't know Malia. She's just there.
Malia: Do you think Great Grandma put a stone on her and then Jesus sprinkled his power on her (making sprinkling hand motions) and then she just floated up there to be with him?
Me: Maybe! That's a good thought!

Then, it became the usual follow up conversation of when will we go to heaven, I don't want to go, can I bring my toys and will you still be my mommy when you are in heaven. What the heck? Where does she come up with this? And where is my husband when this is taking place!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm gone. Learning how to answer some of these questions hopefully. :)