Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Potty Talk

After a long few weeks of emotional ups and downs over this whole move, I woke up this morning and decided that today was going to be a fun day for the girls and me and that I needed to embrace the huge adventure that we have lying ahead and make the most of the time I have here with my girls. That's not to say that tears and sadness over leaving friends will not return again...with the roller coaster I've been on lately, I'm sure I will be crying about it all again tomorrow, but this is today, and it's a good day and a fun day.

I took Pressley to her gymnastics class today. It was the first time in 2 weeks that it hasn't poured rain as I unloaded 3 little girls and sloshed through the parking lot and into her class. Today is a bright beautiful 80 degree day. That being said, on our way home I decided we were going to find a park and have a picnic and enjoy the beautiful weather. As I was driving home, there was a bit of construction that ended up making me take a wrong turn, leading me to New Brighton. I don't know New Brighton at all...I didn't even realized that's where I was, even while I was standing in line at Subway placing our picnic lunch order. Anyway, as I got my barrings, I realized that Geneva was just down the road from us and we detoured our lunch and decided to eat there. I've always loved Geneva's campus, and even though it is a bit surreal to be bring my 3 daughters back to a place that I feel I was attending just yesterday, it was a fun time of hanging out with them and just being able to thank God for where he has brought me over the last 9 years after leaving college and, as scared as I am, thank him for where he will be taking us in the next few months. Though PSU will be 1000 times the size of Geneva's campus, it will be fun to take the girls on walks through the campus and enjoy picnic lunches there over the next few years. Anyway...I am rambling...the point of this post was really to remember the 5 minutes we spent in the bathroom while we were hanging out at Geneva.

We took 2 trips to the bathroom in the hour and a half that we were hanging out there. On the second trip, I sat in the "waiting" area of the bathroom and let the girls go in the stalls to "do their thing" on their own. Malia and Pressley walked hand in hand into the bathroom (which has a urinal in it-yes it was the women's room), and as they walked past the urinal, I'm guessing Pressley was headed to that stall, I hear Malia say, "No Press, don't use that potty, that's a man potty". It stilll makes me laugh out loud when I think about it. After than they take their seats in their own stall and I hear Malia say to Pressley, "You're the best sister I've ever had" to which Pressley responds, "And you are the best big sister I've had in the whole wide world. Are you pooping, Malia?". Malia-"Yeah, Thanks, Press, wanna tell me a story?" And Pressley continues to tell Malia a story about a princess. Fast forward 5 minutes and 4 automatic paper towel sounds later, they come out of the bathroom hand in hand again. Ahhh, I love my girls!! What a great day and a great reminder to me that with all that is going on, they (and my husband of coarse!) are absolutely THE most important thing to me in the world. I am so thankful for my family and the blessings that God has given me!

2 comments:

Christine Waller said...

Very sweet girls (including you of course) indeed! Lovely post!

Kris said...

Blessings abound! So happy for your good day yesturday! God will be with you on this grand adventure! Love you! Xxxoo