Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sick, sick, sick!

So, Justin left for the next two weeks on Sunday and the girls and I are in WV until the 29th. Pressley hasn't been sleeping well the past three nights. I noticed a rash on her feet and hands yesterday, but figured it was from wipes we had used to wash her hands after eating a cupcake on Tuesday. She has very sensitive skin, and has broken out before from using those same wipes. At any rate, she's also been fevering and having a runny nose-but she has molars coming in, so I just lumped all these things together, because it's typical behavior from her when it comes to teething. Last night though, I decided to take her to urgent care because the rash was getting worse, and we could all use some more sleep! After seeing the doctor, we found out she has strep throat and...more ear infections! Which means at my next doctor's visit, with Pressley's pediatrician, we'll have to schedule an appointment for tubes. This is her 3rd ear infection in about 6 weeks (and 6th in 6 months). They told us in June if she had 3 more in a year we would have to have it done, and we hit our three in the past 6 weeks. We just finished our last dose of antibiotics not even 2 weeks ago! So anyway, I'm hoping that once we go down that road I'll actually have a child that sleeps through the night. We haven't had much of that in the last 18 months, so we'll say a little prayer that Pressley will just feel better all around and we can all get some rest!

1 comment:

Kris said...

awwe, poor baby! And boohoo that you are alone without Justin to help right now. I am glad you are with family for now. I hope Pressley gets to feeling better and that you get some SLEEP! I miss you so much and your always in my prayers and thoughts! Hang in there, mamma. Big cyber HUGS to you guys! Kiss those beautiful girls for me!