Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tubes






Pressley got her tubes today! I'm so glad it's all over! She did really well. We got to Children's about 6:15 this morning (got up around 4:45! Yikes!). Her surgery happened about 8 this morning. Justin went in with her for the anesthesia-brave man! There is no way I could have done that! He said it was the hardest thing he'd ever done. She didn't want to put the mask to her face, so they had to fight her over that, and then she just went limp. He said he felt sick. I sat and kept my mind off it by reading Twilight. The procedure was fast (though it didn't feel like it in the midst of it). The doctor came and got us after everything was over, and informed us that her right ear was infected (right on schedule-she's been getting them every 3 weeks). I had no idea she had an infection, she'd actually been sleeping well, and no fever! Plus, when we went in that morning her eye was red and gross-pink eye! We got to go in after she woke up, and she was very upset-crying and crying and crying. She cried until we got in the car and she fell asleep. We were in the car and headed home by 9:15. So surgery and all only took an hour. I can't complain. Especially considering there was a family in the waiting area with us who's child was going through a 5 hour surgery. Pressley is doing great though. Right now I'm sitting in the basement with her and she's running around playing with her toys. I'm just hoping that now we get our sleep back permanently!

No comments: