Justin is away at State College for the weekend. He left on Friday to take a truck load of our stuff to the townhouse and is staying through Monday for training. I really wanted to go with him (spending time in the townhouse would have been some good therapy for me, I think), but I had other (very fun) obligations here-at least for the first half of the weekend. As of today, the fun stuff was over and I was left to figure out what I could do to make time pass a bit quicker until he returns. So when I woke up this morning, we got dressed and were planning to head to a park or somewhere to play and have a picnic. I thought it might be a fun idea to head to Raccoon State Park. It's just down the road from us and I didn't know what might be there, but I thought I might as well try something new and if nothing else we could just head to Settler's Cabin Park as a back up. Well, little did I know what a fantastic place I was about to find! It was like going home to WV and hanging out at Audra again! We found a huge beach on the lake and spent the morning playing in the water and sand...of coarse I had no idea we would find ourselves at a beach so I had no bathing suits for the girls to wear, and they were a bit wet and filthy (to say the least) as we headed home for afternoon nap time. They had such a fantastic time and I could not believe that it was so quiet! Not crazy busy or jam packed with people at all! I was very bummed that we didn't have suits with us, but I made them a promise to return tomorrow with suits on to play and swim some more. I am thinking this will be a normal routine for us until we move. I'm so sad I didn't know about it until now, but we will be taking full advantage of it until we can't anymore...then I hope to find just as fantastic of a place at State College! Oh-and the cutest part of the day--Pressley skipping through the water in her own little world repeating, "I'm the queen of the muddy water!".





No comments:
Post a Comment